cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get safeguard to stay active

hawmead
Grafter

Can’t get safeguard to stay active

My children are now at an age where they have their own devices, so we thought that now is the time to start to restrict internet access to help protect them from harmful content.

so, went into safeguard and blocked several categories and activated it. We left it for the required two hours and restarted the router as instructed.

well over two hours later, I went back into setting, and safeguard was set off again. So tried it once more, and it still wouldn’t stay active.

just checked the community, and seen we are not alone. It looks like it has been down since March?

What’s going on Plusnet? This is important. This is a facility you are providing to protect our children from harmful content and you seem to have done nothing for nearly 8 months?

If this is not fixed soon I feel this will need to be referred to the regulator as I thought this was a legal requirement.

Please let me know how you will be proceeding with this.

thanks!

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Can’t get safeguard to stay active

Thanks for your post @hawmead 

I'm sorry for the issues you're having with Safeguard. 

Do you get any particular error message? Also can you try factory resetting your router using the pinhole at the back?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to Everything Else.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

hawmead
Grafter

No, no messages, it just simply would not commit the update. Since I raised this ticket I have tried several times to get it to activate, even resetting the router to factory settings as suggested.

As I mentioned before, I did search the forum for,similar issues and found several others have also raised this problem, none of which appear to have closed with a resolution. Please could you take another look?

Thanks

Tags (2)
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @hawmead,

I'm sorry that Safeguard won't stay active on your account and for any inconvenience that this has caused. I've looked into this from here but have been unable to determine the cause of this probelm. Did you receive a confirmation email when you  added Sagfeguard to your account?

Regards,
Emily

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
hawmead
Grafter

Hi, thanks for the update. No, no confirmation email was sent, and when I click on the history link, nothing is there. It simply doesn’t seem to acknowledge the ‘save’ operation.

in theory, you should be able to recreate this issue very easily. It’s also quite evident that several other people are having the same problem so it can’t be a local issue my end.

just for for further information, I have tried setting it on on various platforms (iPad, desktop pc, laptop pc) and through my phone through external data services, and every attempt has failed.

thanks,

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @hawmead,

Thank you very much for providing that information and for confirming that you have tried to activate Safeguard from several different devices. I'm sorry that it isn't working and for any inconvenience that this has caused. I've raised this to our network operations team for further investigation and will be back in touch once I have an update from them - this should be within the next five working days.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

hawmead
Grafter

Thanks Thrall,

I have PM’d Kelly as requested in that thread

thanks again