Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find PHPmyAdmin on hosting.plus.net and databases aren't visible

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Can't find PHPmyAdmin on hosting.plus.net and databases aren't visible

@12stringbassist - glad to hear it! Sorry for all the hassle.

@AndyBB - I'd advise against changing anything to do with your database via the Control Panel for now. If your site works, then your db credentials will be fine.

Never noticed there are multiple versions of Adminer before. Just tried, and the standard version seems to work fine for me so perhaps start with that?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

AndyBB
Hooked

Thanks @bobpullen . I tried Adminer and it seems to let me in, which is great, thanks for the tip. I'd really like to understand what might have happened with the old phpmyadmin though and whether that's ever likely to revert to how it was.

Thanks for your help.

Andy

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@bobpullen wrote:

... upload the adminer file to your webspace, set relevant permissions etc. and then browse to it.

It will prompt you for your database credentials which would look something like this (server name should be as seen below; other bits you'd need to replace with your own db info):-

adminer.JPG

You should find once logged in that it's reasonably intuitive.

Requesting some help with this @bobpullen  . I tried various permutations of server name / username / password to see if access to phpmyadmin was possible (given adminer works then logically it should be) however no joy, so I downloaded adminer and used that.

... Initially I got access (and uploaded a test table) then when I tried to upload some content (via a load file paired with a .txt file) it said "Access denied for user 'ccgiroxx'@'%' to database 'roxx' .

... so I tried amending 'privileges' after which it locked me out completely.

Then I went back to the 'control panel' to see if there was any access via there. Went to check the password which didn't have the same number of characters (to match the long version of the username and password that appears in the output address for accessing phpmyadmin [the access that doesn't work]) so tried changing the password.

I input the long version (to match the long version of the username that infilled itself) whereupon it said "password must contain at least 8 characters, including small 1 letter, 1 capital letter and 1 number."

... neither the long version (nor the short version of the password provided initially by hostopia iirc) contain a capital letter. Does this have any bearing on the fact that ccgi phpmyadmin doesn't work for anyone at all at present (?)

It did accept a straightforward password with the short version of the username, but there was still no database access.

... I think I may have seriously stuffed up something by trying to amend the 'privileges' within adminer (I know my way around phpmyadmin but adminer isn't nearly as easy to use).

... if you could possibly re-set the account (and if possible re-establish phpmyadmin access) this would be very much appreciated.

Also how do I put the php version at 5.6 (or below).  There doesn't seem to be an option below 7 unless I've missed something somewhere.  Struggling somewhat - mysql on ccgi used to be so simple to work with but it seems to be taking a lot of time to get precisely nowhere, at present.

Edited to add this - just happened to see https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Database-Backup-Problems/m-p/1433799 

... quote [from @bobpullen ‎23-04-2017 9:47 AM]

This looks to be the issue:

http://ccgi.[MyUserName].plus.com.c51.previewmysite.eu/phpMyAdmin/export.php

For some reason, the phpMyAdmin install is pointing you to a staging instance. I've just taken a look at my own account and it's doing the same. We'll need to report that to our supplier so they can take a look.

(unquote)

... that 'previewmysite' address is what is currently being generated from the hosting panel link (not the megasqlservers address that is used by adminer)

... so I figured might be worth mentioning here also.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@bobpullen  The link from the above (the addition at the end) should go to https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Database-Backup-Problems/m-p/1434000/highlight/true#M1... [tested the link (which didn't work) but couldn't amend due to the 20-minute edit-window having expired]

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.