cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access website FTP - think I need to force a password synch

R_Nicol

Can't access website FTP - think I need to force a password synch

Hi

Wondering whether anyone knows any means of forcing a password synch on the FTP site for my old webspace (the old standard webspace you used to get with non-business accounts) as I can't connect using my account login details (I changed the password yesterday in the hope it would synchronise automatically but still fails to authenticate) and haven't accessed it successfully in years.

Looks like I'm also missing some admin features for the webspace in the member center too.

In the old days I would have raised a ticket to support to be actioned as I don't have time to call.

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Can't access website FTP - think I need to force a password synch

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Tech Help to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @R_Nicol thank you for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having here.

We believe that we've identified the problem here, in that the component on out side appears to be in a queued active status. This issue has now been raised with our NetOps team for further investigation, and we'll hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
R_Nicol

Thanks Adam

No problem, I haven't needed that web space in some time but now need to update the current webpage as it's no longer relevant.

Thanks for the update and fingers crossed.

Rich

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@R_Nicol We believe we've fixed the issue now. Could you try again and let us know?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
R_Nicol

Hi @Gandalf 

Apologies for the delayed response, I was away for the week.

Thanks for looking into this for me.

I'm still unable to login to the ftp server, filezilla is telling me my login is incorrect and the explorer window simply keeps asking for login credentials. 

Please let me know if you manage to resolve the issue or require any further information form me.

Rich

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @R_Nicol 

Just to confirm are you using the login details given Here?

Also could you try resetting your password by going Here then log in to FTP again?

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
R_Nicol

Hi @Gandalf 

I am using the login details that are specified and verified as able to login to the member centre.

I changed my password when I initially encountered the issue with no luck and can confirm that the updated login details are valid for the member centre and the root mailbox but...

https://hosting.plus.net/portal/

Although my username looks to be recognised here my verified password is not.

I selected to reset the password using the link provided as requested and I've yet to receive an email into the nominated admin mailbox or the root mailbox (requested 20 mins ago). It may just be delayed but it looks as though there's a disconnect between the main member center account and my hosting service.

Thanks for your continued support.

Rich

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Rich thanks for getting back to me.

I've passed this back to our NetOps team to advise further and I'll post back as soon as I know more.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet