Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access hosting.plus.net from my plusnet broadband

Kiwi2
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Can't access hosting.plus.net from my plusnet broadband

This is somewhat odd. Startng a day or two ago my plusnet broadband connection doesn't allow me to access hosting.plus.net or scriptrehearser.com, which is hosted by plusnet (well, hostopia). I get:

This site can’t be reached

hosting.plus.net took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

A TraceRt shows:

TraceRt.PNG

It works fine from other internet connections, just not mine plusnet home broadband.

Any ideas what's going on
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Can't access hosting.plus.net from my plusnet broadband

Doesn’t directly help you but it all responds immediately for me. But that’s also on an external (mobile) connection I’m not at home at the moment to try with my Plusnet connection.
David
Kiwi2
Grafter

Thanks David. Yes, it works on my mobile data connection as well, just not the broadband. I'm no networking expert but the 5th entry in the TractRt is a timeout from Telehouse, which looks odd.

spraxyt
Resting Legend

tracert responding or not responding is a network policy decision. So generally is of no significance. The important thing is does the router route? This would be confirmed by the destination (or a closer node) being reached. tracetcp using the protocol port (80 here) often gives more complete information.
Note: tracetcp is a third party application, nothing to do with Microsoft.
David
Kiwi2
Grafter

It seems to have spontaneously started working again. Nothing has changed at this end (I tried rebooting both the PCs and network devices before my initial post). I suppose I could be grateful for small mercies, but it was definitely not working for a couple of days.

spraxyt
Resting Legend

Glad to hear that. It’s frustrating when things stop and restart without intervention but always possible automation has dealt with it.
David