cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access Freenetname domain

Amos1
Hooked

Can't access Freenetname domain

I have been trying to access my Freenetname webspace for a year now, to update the files. Although the site is still live I can no longer get in to it. The original password has not been changed (at least not by me!) but Filezilla tells me it is wrong. I last accessed it in 2015 and it really needs updating. I have raised tickets with Madasafish several times but either the tickets expire before I get a response or I get the standard information to use my log in details. How can I sort out this password issue?

9 REPLIES 9
Amos1
Hooked

Re: Can't access Freenetname domain

How can I make contact with a technician to resolve this?

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Try resetting your password here https://secure.madasafish.com/forgotpassword/

Amos1
Hooked

That just changes my email password. My original freenetname domain password is seperate and I have no idea how to reset it!

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

Your email / account password is your Freenetname domain for the default mailbox. 

For additional mailboxes http://www.madasafish.com/support/features/domain_names/additional_mailboxes.shtml

Amos1
Hooked

So my Madasafish account password should be the same for my Freenetname webspace?

If so, there is something else wrong as I still get the message '530 login incorrect' from Filezilla. The  user name is definitely correct.

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

Amos1
Hooked

I have tried several times! I get to the following screen, but no email appears.

Step 2: - Email confirmation

Step 1: - Password recovery / Step 2: - Email confirmation / Step 3: - Password reminder

Please check your email!

We have sent you an email telling you how to recover your password.

Check your email and follow the instructions to continue.
You must do this within an hour or you will have to start your password recovery again.

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

Ah OK. You might need to call support on 0800 432 0200 to reset your password over the phone, quoting your Freenetname details so they load up the right account (rather than a Plusnet account if you have one)

Amos1
Hooked

I have been trying to do that for many months. A ticket is opened for me, and is put on hold several times (I don't know why), then it's closed due to lack of activity! That's why I'm trying this forum, to see if anyone else has got stuck trying to get help with an old Freenetname account. I do currently have another open ticket, and it's following the same pattern.