cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't FTP to ccgi web space; hosting.plus.net has changed, can't find phpMyAdmin

FIXED
Kiwi2
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Re: Can't FTP to ccgi web space; hosting.plus.net has changed, can't find phpMyAdmin

Thanks again Bob. Everything appears to be working fine now.

Kiwi2
Grafter

Re: Can't FTP to ccgi web space; hosting.plus.net has changed, can't find phpMyAdmin

@bobpullen And from the gaping jaws of victory, we snatch defeat. When I try to access the website from the internet today I get a 403 error - Not Authorized to View This Page [CFN #0004]. I've made no changes sine it was working a few days ago

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Fix

I think I can see what's happening but I'm not sure why it's only just started presenting problems Huh

It's an issue with how your directories are being served. They are not allowing *.htm file extensions. If you use the ccgi server address and browse to the full site address (including the /index.htm bit) then you'll notice it works. There's an .htaccess file in your /public directory. Try modifying this line of the .htaccess file:-

DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

So it reads:-

DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm

And see if it's any better.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Kiwi2
Grafter

Thanks Bob. I have no idea why that started happening when it was working before, but we're all good again!

AndyBB
Hooked

@bobpullen Apologies to adding to this topic but I created a new one for a similar situation which has still not been resolved after several weeks and wondered if you were able to help with that please. You seemed to have resolved this one but I'm still stuck with no access to phpmyadmin. This is the new topic I created:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/Can-t-find-PHPmyAdmin-on-hosting-plus-net-and-database...

Thanks

Kiwi2
Grafter

Hi Andy. Just to let you know that this is still working for me (after Bob fixed it in November). So it's not a site-wide problem.

Kiwi

AndyBB
Hooked

Thanks for that. I have no idea what exactly Bob did to fix things for you or what needs to be done to get phpmyadmin or the databases to appear again for me (and others I notice have commented on my new topic). I tried what i could from your thread with no luck. Hopefully he will be able to look at my new topic and suggest something.

Best Regards

Andy

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@AndyBB - have replied over there.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵