cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Access Hosting? / How to forward domain?

andantesash

Can't Access Hosting? / How to forward domain?

I have a hosting with plusnet (force9) and all my computer systems are run through plusnet.
I have had a website for roughly 10 years, but hired a guy to change it for me. But he can't access the FTP account from his machine?
I called plusnet, but they said he would have to do it through a plusnet internet connection. But I don't have that. So they said try domain forwarding?
How can we launch the website from my domain name I have with plusnet?
Hope someone can help.
2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Can't Access Hosting? / How to forward domain?

Unless you have a subscription account I'm pretty sure you need to be on our network in order to access your FTP space. Do you know whether or not the hosting is on a free or paid account?
I don't think you're talking about our CGI servers but if you are then you'll *only* be able to FTP from our network.
If you're going to require that a non-plusnet customer has regular access to your FTP account, then you might be better off hosting your domain elsewhere?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

andantesash

Re: Can't Access Hosting? / How to forward domain?

I am going to host it elsewhere as I have to buy a plusnet internet line to update the site.
So how do I forward the domain to my new hosting space? Just like domain forwarding www.myplusnetdomain.com "pointing to" www.mynewhosting.com
I hope someone can help.