cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone pint my domains to payh

Word_Warrior
Grafter

Can someone pint my domains to payh

I have a ticket raised with plusnet on 22nd October #36325244 and the two domain names I want re-directing are still pointing at the old htdocs folder. it takes an absolute age to get a response from PN and I'm still no nearer. Can one of the PN staffers on here have a quiet word please. Or a loud one if you like. I know I could probably have done it myself but I was a little uncertain as to what to do and didn't want to break continuity with the site. Hence, the call to PN. Will someone see what is happening please. Crazy
2 REPLIES 2
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Re: Can someone pint my domains to payh

Okay, I have two domains with PN one a .com and the other .co.uk
I have done this myself so far as I'm going round in circles waiting for PN (sadly). In the DNS records for the .com domain I have done the following:-
Left Field                        Type            Pri            Right Field
mydomain.com              A                ------        212.56.83.232
                                        MX              20            mx.last.plus.net.
www                                CNAME    ------          mydomaindirectory in plesk (followed by a dot)
ftp                                    CNAME    ------          mydomaindirectory in plesk (followed by a dot)
Now this is exactly the same, apart from the domain names and the directory names as current, working domains but it isn't working. if i type the .com address into the address field of the browser minus the www. bit it all works fine (I've even got Joomla installed where I want it too) but if I type www.before it, it just opens the old htdocs/sitefolder .
My ticket is over a week old now, and the records change by me is well over 48hours so what is going on and why are PN being so slow to respond to my ticket updates?
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Re: Can someone pint my domains to payh

Finally getting somewhere! Although to get the www bit to work PN engineer J had to change the www right field to the IP address rather than mydomain.com. why is this different to my other domains?  Crazy
I've now copied the DNS records for the .co.uk address and am now waiting for it to filter through the system. Watch this space.  Roll_eyes