cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I still use frontpage with FTP

flanagan45

Can I still use frontpage with FTP

Hello all
I am one of the many people who have been using frontpage for my website - out of convenience as I created it many years ago and have just made adjustments since. I know I should be looking at another programme to use and will be doing so over Christmas but don't have time right now to sort that out before plusnet takes away the support tools. 
My website only uses a few frontpage extensions, which for the sake of sorting this out quickly I could take off the website without much detriment. If I did this, would it still be possible to use frontpage as the editor as long as I upload the site using cute ftp or some such file transfer? And if I could do I just transfer them to www.username.plus.com ;
I have asked plusnet's support  and instead of receiving an answer to my question was just told why they are no longer providing tools to support plusnet. Which I don't really care about at the moment. And as it took them 3 days to reply to that question I don't really have the time to ask them for a more accurate response.
If anyone could advise I'd be really grateful - I'm not very technologically with it and am starting to tear my hair out!
Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Can I still use frontpage with FTP

I fact you might be able to continue using Frontpage to maintain your website, uploading it to Homepages instead.
Information is given in the Community Library article Moving your website to the Homepages servers using FrontPage 2003.
Step 7 of the article explains what you might see (and need to change) if there are any Frontpage server dependencies on your site.
David
David
flanagan45

That's excellent - it all worked. Thanks so much.
hulls
Grafter

That's exactly what I've been doing  Use the publish button and use the FTP address (remember to upload to the HTDOCS folder)
John