Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get PHP?

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Can I get PHP?

We've been with PN for years and I've never bothered using the hosting because it's a static site. Others around here seem to have php/mysql on their sites which is cool but i'm clearly left out in the cold! I seem to remember this was something to do with the legacy product we signed up for years ago which has now changed to the more modern packages.
Now I can live with that as I do have alternative hosting however PN hosting would be very useful to me if it had PHP/mysql. Is there any way to get this enabled or am I stuck with static?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
11 REPLIES 11
kmilburn
Grafter

Re: Can I get PHP?

As you've come from a legacy product and have a website, you should be able to have PHP, but you need to enable CGI support.
In the portal, on the Website Settings page, you'll hopefully have a CGI link,  if so, follow it and activate CGI.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If CGI and MySQL don't appear as icons on your Member Centre Website settings menu it would seem the answer is 'no'. Only product components available and in use on legacy products were retained when upgrading to current products which don't provide webspace. Not all legacy products included CGI.
David
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

They appear on mine and I have never used them
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

And on mine, I had a very brief play with them.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
7up
Community Veteran

Bsf luck for me i guess.. this is my website settings page in the portal:
MauriceC
Resting Legend

Just checked my account and I only have webspace and webstats - No CGI.  I used to have it some years back but never really used it because of the back-levels on PHP and MySQL. 
I guess I'll not be able to take advantage of the new service now Cry
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TORPC
Grafter

Ive not set a website with PN so No Icons lol
However I did access https://mysql.plus.net/
From
http://portal.plus.net/tools/mytools_index.html?membermenu=tools
Hope this helps
Edit:
The version that links to is outdated and going to be turned off, as I found out when I posted (Plusnets phpMyAdmin several versions out of date)
7up
Community Veteran

Well no reply from PN so I'm going to assume this is a no!
Thanks for your help peeps
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

If the icons aren't present in the Member Centre then your account type doesn't offer access to the service unfortunately.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

7up
Community Veteran

Yeah I figured that Bob but what i was asking is .. is there a way to upgrade the hosting?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

None of the current residential accounts offer hosting at all. Current business accounts offer basic (HTML) hosting but not cgi which is needed for PHP. You would probably be directed towards Pay As You Host for hosting within the Plusnet stable, but third party hosting is likely to be better value.
David