cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling CGI from FrontPage server.

KiwiPete

Calling CGI from FrontPage server.

I have built a site using the F9 FP server and now want to add some PHP/MySQL functionality.  The php is built and working on the F9 CGI  server.
When I put the CGI code in a page and publish on the FP server (.html) the CGI doesn't work.  When I publish it onto the CGI server (.php) the CGI works but all the images, FP bots don't work.
What is the best way to combine FP and the CGI/PHP?  Is it possible to run PHP from a FP server, specifically the F9 server? Undecided
3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Calling CGI from FrontPage server.

The ccgi and FP are completely separate servers, the FP server is not configured to run PHP files and the CCGI server cannot run FP.
The only option I'm aware of is to use a frame redirect to run say the PHP code within a FP page. Or do away with FP and do the whole site in PHP.
KiwiPete

Thanks for your reply, I was afraid this might be the case.  I thought I read that it is not good practice to have images etc on the CGI server, is this so?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Nope that's old news and applied to the previous ccgi server hardware / setup. The current hardware is more than capable of running your full website, images and all, forums, gallery's and most other stuff.