Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call purporting to be from Plusnet

FIXED
Len2
Dabbler

Call purporting to be from Plusnet

Today I got a call.  A message claimed it was from plusnet but when contact was made there was no one to talk to me.  It then babbled a number to contact if I don't want such calls in future but it was too quick for me to grab a pen and write anything down.

So,

Was this actually plusnet?

If so, what was it about?

How do I stop it happening again?  Contact is one thing but pulling me across the room to be told there is no one to speak to me is unacceptable.

5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Call purporting to be from Plusnet

Fix

assuming it was from Plusnet and not the mobile lot - change the communication preferences here https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=modifyMailOptions

Len2
Dabbler

Thanks.  I've removed phone (and sms) from the preferred contact methods.  That leaves email and *gasp* post.  Old fashioned, thats me.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you're not happy with the call you've received.

Mind if I ask for the number that called you?

Feel free to PM me it if you prefer.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Len2
Dabbler

Sorry Anoush, I didn't keep a record of the number but I have changed my preferences to prevent further calls. 

TBH it was not the fact that I was called which annoyed me but the fact that some form of autodialler had been used but then there was no one at the caller end except an automatic apology for their being no one at the caller end.  This I consider intrusive and impolite.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

That doesn't sound like us. But if it happens again let us know the number.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet