Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CGI web space no longer working

ajpee
Grafter

CGI web space no longer working

Hi

It's a while since I tried to access my web pages hosted on PlusNet. Tried a few months ago and could not display pages for alistairparkerart.com and passed it off as one of those things. Had another go today but still no luck, checked my domain is still ok, so I am assuming there is a problem with Plusnet CGI setup. I see from another thread that there may be a server problem - https://community.plus.net/t5/Everything-else/CGI-web-space-no-longer-working-and-Plusnet-can-t-say-....

Hope you can shed some light.

Cheers

Ajpee

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: CGI web space no longer working

Hi Ajpee, I'm sorry to hear your CGI webspace isn't working. I've done a bit of digging with a colleague and doing a who.is check it looks like your domain is registered by a different provider - MEGANAMESERVERS.EU.

Are you pointing your domain to our CGI servers CCGI.(username).plus.com? If you are/once you've done that, you'd need to login to hosting.plus.net using your email address and password to configure it.

Let us know if you have any issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ajpee
Grafter

Hi

Nothing has changed at my end, Webspace has worked ok for about 5 years prior to this hic up.

Cheers

Alistair

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Alistair.

In that case if you go to http://ccgi.username.plus.com/ it should bring your site up but it says "No webpages have been uploaded to this address yet". I think the issue is that the domain is pointing to MEGANAMESERVERS.EU's control panel.

Can you send me a PM with screenshots showing the domain records?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ajpee
Grafter

Domain ScreenShot.jpg

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the screenshot Alistair.

Initially we think the issue is because your domain isn't pointing to us and it's possible that Hostopia has made a change somewhere which says that in order for the hosting service to work the domain has to point to us.

However, I'm asking our products team for assistance I'll post back when I know more, I'll tag @bobpullen here in case he's around and can offer any help or advice regarding this.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet