Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CGI's days are numbered

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

CGI's days are numbered

It looks like the new business product does not include CGI and the web space is for non-interactive sites on homepages only.
I think the implication is that the ccgi servers are going to be quietly left to die - they won't be withdrawn*, but neither will we see any effort put in to upgrading the software running on them.
* What happens if a big security hole is discovered? - the risk is that it will be shut down. Personally, I can't see why the migration of all the ccgi users to PAYH didn't go ahead - that service is still maintained and taking paying customers.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: CGI's days are numbered

To be fair Jelv, we've not sold CGI as part of a service for many years on residential accounts (and the take-up on Business was minimal if it was even offered?).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It was offered as part of the old business products as they hadn't been revamped since the residential products had CGI withdrawn for new users.
My post was more a flag to the people who, in spite of all the indications, post asking for upgrades/enhancements to ccgi.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jelv, that explains why my ticket regarding CGI has been going nowhere for three months.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Nope Purleigh,
It's down to problem 73156 which is related to problems activating some customer's CGI spaces.
Sorry to see that's dragged on for a while all the same. I'm keeping an eye on it's progress so I'll let you know of any developments.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team