CGI problem again?

Foxtrot

CGI problem again?

Hello,
I'm really stuck on this.
I've been trying to work out how to use CGI:
I don't use a Windows computer so when I type:
ccgi.username.force9.co.uk
username replaced of course, I get a "FORBIDDEN - you don't have permission to access this site" message.
Why is this?
What have I not done?  I've already had my CGI activated for a few years and it's getting a bit long.  I'm not technically minded
although I have built my own website from scratch, I'm finding Plusnet's CGI server is very poorly explained and not at all
intuitive for newcomers to CGI.
Does anyone else have a better primer or advice for accessing CGI from a Mac?
Thank you.
1 REPLY 1
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: CGI problem again?

Quote from: Foxtrot
I don't use a Windows computer so when I type:
ccgi.username.force9.co.uk
username replaced of course, I get a "FORBIDDEN - you don't have permission to access this site" message.
Why is this?

This will be because your server space does not have apache file and directory indexing enabled. That combined with the fact that you don't seem to have actually uploaded anything to your CGI space.
By default browsing to ccgi.username.force9.co.uk will automatically look for an index.html or index.htm file which you didn't have (thus the 403 HTTP error). I've since uploaded a holding page to your root directory which you'll need to replace. Try browsing to ccgi.username.force9.co.uk now and then FTP to your werbspace and it should be clear what I've done.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵