cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CGI issue.

crazeeworld
Dabbler

CGI issue.

I have had a failed upgrade of my PHPBB forum and need my CG forum at http://ccgi.crazeeworld.plus.com/phpbb1/index.php restoring to the state it was in yesterday. Is this possible?
The problem i am having is getting to the datebase update php page - I get the message below.
"Server error!
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Error message:
Premature end of script headers: database_update.php
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 500
ccgi.crazeeworld.plus.com
Fri May 24 12:20:05 2013
Apache "
1 REPLY 1
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: CGI issue.

Backing up websites is customer responsibility, a bit awkward if you didn't do one before attempting the upgrade. Sad
Do you have a backup of your PHPBB database tables - again just-in-case?
If you are really stuck, since PHPBB holds its data in a database, saving the configuration file, removing current files, reinstalling the required version of the program, then reinstating the configuration file and setting file permissions correctly would probably get the forum working again. Of course any add-on modules would need to be reinstalled.
However, before taking that drastic action the current problem may be relatively easy to fix - it's likely to be a file permissions issue. There's more on this in Sections 6 to 9 of the CGI Platform PHP Upgrade FAQ.
To fix file permissions I suggest using the script posted in the opening post in this topic. The script needs to be copied into a text editor (eg Notepad on Windows), saved as permissions.cgi (say) and uploaded as ASCII to your phpbb1 folder. Change its file permissions to 700 using your FTP program, then browse to the file to execute it. It should display a table showing folder and file permissions set - this is for information only.
After that completes try accessing the database update script again - hopefully it will work and the forum will be operational again. Cool
David