cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CGI and PHP not working any more

juton
Dabbler

CGI and PHP not working any more

I had an order and email form working on the CGI part of my website but it has now stopped working.
I get a series of error messages.
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_6454615d1f37c13ec31719700abbdb70, O_RDWR) failed: File too large (27) in /share/storage/02/**/***/cgi-bin/order.php on line 10
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /share/storage/02/**/***/cgi-bin/order.php:10) in /share/storage/02/**/***/cgi-bin/order.php on line 10
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /share/storage/02/**/***/cgi-bin/order.php:10) in /share/storage/02/**/***/cgi-bin/order.php on line 10
This also occurs on a test form that I have placed on my website. It appears to be the session start of PHP that has an error.
Can anyone explain why and how can I stop this error please.
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: CGI and PHP not working any more

The problem will be that /tmp is currently full. The solution is to create your own temporary folder and set up your own php.ini to control use of it.
See the thread /tmp file filling up and causing scripts to fail. You might find creating and running the script posted by Gabe in reply #5 to that thread provides the simplest solution to the problem.
David
juton
Dabbler

Hi Spraxyt,
Thank you for this but I have tried these suggestions and I can't get it to work.
Any other suggestions?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I've responded in the other thread.
David
David