cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CGI Sessions fault

kitsbury

CGI Sessions fault

There is still an outstanding problem with using the default session storage as defined in the global php.ini - session_save_path=('/tmp')
Is this getting resolved properly?
There are plenty of discussions on how to resolve this on a per-site basis, but in my view this is an inadequate solution and doesn't resolve the core problem.
Please can we have an authoritative and committed response from Plusnet on this issue.
Thank you
PS. for anyone looking for an interim solution search these forums for "session" and take your pick. It would be redundant to re-post a solution here.
1 REPLY 1
quarkhelix

Re: CGI Sessions fault

Yes, you're right...there is still a problem with this. I managed to resolve mine with a modified php.ini file in my own webspace, as instructed by Gabe. The annoying thing was that Plusnet support refused to acknowledge there was a problem, insisting that it was an error in my script (which have worked quite happily in the past). Even when I pointed out what THEIR fault was and highlighted the workaround I used to get it working, their response was "That's not a problem and pleased you found guidance from the community forums. As always, if you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us by reply ..." etc...
The good thing about Plusnet support was that they were always transparent and honest...are they now going the same way as every other support desk?