cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CGI Password Reset?

sophos9
Grafter

CGI Password Reset?

About a month ago, I asked for a password reset - this was done fine, tested new password and all was good. I've not logged into my CGI account since, yesterday I tried however the last used password was "incorrect"
Rang plusnet and asked for both the CGI and MySQL, MySQL was reset however no notification that CGI was reset.... Created a ticket today and still nothing as of yet?
Can someone confirm the difficulty behind resetting a pass word please  Crazy
19 REPLIES 19
sophos9
Grafter

Re: CGI Password Reset?

Anyone? Need to build a website...
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Why not try the new password, if you get access it has been reset? Resetting the password shouldn't be a problem. If you can't get access give support a ring.
David
sophos9
Grafter

Tried the new password, tried old password and tried Plusnets phone support. Phone support was supposed to reset the CGI and I was supposed to await the confirmation email, which never arrived.
Support ticket is 12hrs old and no password reset Sad
sophos9
Grafter

C'mon Plusnet... Whats happened to the great support?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

er - what do you expect in the wee small hours of the morning? 
sophos9
Grafter

Pierre, please take the time to read the thread - the reset was asked for over the phone on Sunday afternoon! Then followed up with a support ticket after it did not happen.... To answer you question, I expect better than this... When I paid for the phonecall, I expected the password reset to be conducted. When I raised the support ticket, I expected an answer.
adie:quote
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I did read your post the last was at 08:35 the previous at 23:50 last night
sophos9
Grafter

and the time before when the request was originally asked? Tuesday morning and no password reset. The ultimate problem is that when I used it a month previous, it worked fine. Sometime between then and now something change so the password did not work anymore...
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: sophos9
Anyone? Need to build a website...

I'll take a look now for you...
Edit: Now done, I've passed your ticket back to you.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

sophos9
Grafter

Bob, Hi
Just got text notification if the password reset. Sorry if I seemed a bit frustrated.
Quick question, what's the volume of password resets that you get? Is there an opportunity for plusnet to create a cgi password reset option in the portal? Customers could self serve thus reducing your inbound call/ mail support volumes?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

We don't get many password reset requests at all if I'm honest, I dare say there'll be weeks that go by when we don't get any. We could add a tool to the portal but given the relatively low volume of requests we get it's never going to be high on the list of priorities.
At the moment, password resets are done using sudo access by those with the relevant permissions. This is why your ticket took a while to get round to because not all of the front-line support staff can do this.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

sophos9
Grafter

Bob, I've just left work early to get home and test - using server cshell.plus.net, I get "Login Incorrect" when using my portal login password... Sad
Prompt shows cshell02.plus.net
Can you please reset the password to something other than the portal password and test for me?
Thanks in advance
sophos9
Grafter

Tested it again, it now works - possible systems lag? Will continue to monitor...
Thanks
sophos9
Grafter

Bob, can you look into this - this is getting beyond frustrating...
Changing the password in CGI led to multiple password being needed for FTP and CGI, seem as if PN had replication issues in the backend. This was raised again as a ticket and despite it being routed through to the right team, all they have done is reset the password which has created two problems
1) The password replication issues seems not to have had anything done on it
2) The password reset has not worked and now NONE of the my password WORK
I just want a password that works, why is this so difficult  Cry