cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CCGI] Warning to Joomla CMS users on Plusnet servers

Word_Warrior
Grafter

[CCGI] Warning to Joomla CMS users on Plusnet servers

Having spent several hours reinstating my websites to version 1.5.6 due to an incompatibility with Plus Net in the 1.5.7 upgrade patch. I advise all users of Joomla on PN not to upgrade any further than 1.5.6 until such times when Plusnet finally upgrade to php5.
php4 (the webserver that PN use) reached "End of Life" in August this year. As a result, Joomla and many other web software people are no longer supporting php4 in other words they are saying if you can't keep up, tough, we ain't interested.
Is Plus net any closer to implementing php5 because I don't want to be left behind.
10 REPLIES 10
andywarren
Dabbler

Re: [CCGI] Warning to Joomla CMS users on Plusnet servers

I'm running joomla 1.5.7 on the new Plesk servers with no problems.
stuartp
Grafter

1.5.7 running fine for me too ;).  1.5.6 is insecure - see the Joomla home pages. My site got defaced a few weeks back when the vulnerability was first announced - hence the upgrade.
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Yes, I know plesk is compatible and I now, with the help of Kev Mawson have moved the site. Also, since my little problem on ccgi there is a work around available to make 1.5.7 work on the ccgi or php4 to be precise but there wasn't when I first upgraded.
Pod
Grafter

Hi!
Quote from: Word
. Also, since my little problem on ccgi there is a work around available to make 1.5.7 work on the ccgi or php4 to be precise ...

Any chance of sharing the workaround, please?
BTW, love the avatar the GS is too tall for my short fat hairy legs (sorry if TMI  :D) but they are great fun!
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Find it here:-
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=430&t=329050 works on my one site I can't move yet.
The GS is awesome, love it and it ain't that tall. I only have 32" inside leg and I can straddle it fairly easily.
Call me old but what is TMI?
Apart from BMW badge the rest is my own work on the avatar.
avalon
Grafter

Too Much Information
Word_Warrior
Grafter

Course it is, silly me.
Pod
Grafter

Find it here:-
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=430&t=329050 works on my one site I can't move yet.
The GS is awesome, love it and it ain't that tall. I only have 32" inside leg and I can straddle it fairly easily.
Apart from BMW badge the rest is my own work on the avatar.
Many thanks for the Joomla fix link.
Your "only 32in" is a clear 4inches more than my tiny 28in jobbies, hence my comment - I've had a GS as the loaner whilst my RT is in for service a few times because I do enjoy the fun of 'em, but have to admit it is too tall for me as a permanent ride, sadly, as I can get one foot down nicely, but the other barely touches the ground whilst doing so, even with the suspension as low as it goes  Roll_eyes but enjoyed them for the short time available.
MarkA

How about an ER-6n or Versys then? The Yamaha MT-03 is kinda fun looking too and would fit your legs a peach  Cheesy  I'm itching to get another bike but the missus has other ideas. I fear the topic has gone somewhat adrift, so for the record, my Joomla 1.5.7 is working peachy on PAYH too!
Word_Warrior
Grafter

In case I'm not the last to find this. There is a component for Joomla called magic updater http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,6259/Itemid,35/
It's simple to install and even simpler to add the latest 1.5.7 to 1.5.8 patch. Once installed just click the button in the control panel select the upgrade you want then job done.
As one of the reviewers says "This should be a core component" It saves loads of time.