Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CCGI] Swiftmailer newsletter script and CCGI

batfastad
Grafter

[CCGI] Swiftmailer newsletter script and CCGI

Hi guys
We have a newsletter script that runs on our CCGI webspace.
Currently I use phpMailer but development seems to have stalled on that over the past few years, so I'm gradually changing things to use the most excellent Swiftmailer!
We send about 1500 newsletter emails per day using this method. I contacted PlusNet years ago before I set this up and they said this would be fine to do on the CCGI platform. And it's been working great for the past few years.
However I'm having a couple of issues with Swiftmailer on CCGI
1) I've got Swiftmailer set to use it's sendmail library for sending the mail. This seems to be the best performing, and it's how I have phpMailer set currently.
I've tried test recipients arrays of between 20 and 50 recipients so far, but I only seem to receive the first 10 emails.
My test recipients are all email addresses of my PN account, in the format test0@username.plus.com through to test50@username.plus.com. But I only ever seem to receive test0-test9
Is there some sort of configuration limit on the servers that's blocking those that are > test9@username.plus.com?
Like some sort of anti-flood setting in the sendmail config?
Don't seem to have this problem with PHPmailer
2) Swiftmailer also contains libraries for sending through SMTP or PHP's native mail command
I tried SMTP with the server as localhost, and also setting the server to relay.plus.net and giving my account username/password for the SMTP auth but it seemed I could not access the SMTP relay from the CCGI webspace.
I'm assuming that is by design at PlusNet's side - is that correct?
Also I don't fancy using SMTP for sending such large amounts of mail, since SMTP seems to be quite a "chatty" protocol so I expect performance to be best using sendmail.
Does anyone else use Swiftmailer on the CCGI?
What sort of mail volumes are you doing?
Are there any PN-specific problems you've encountered?
Thanks, Ben