cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband only (no phone) SOGEA

Mark_g1
Grafter

Broadband only (no phone) SOGEA

Are Plusnet planning on offering a SOGEA product? My phone is unplugged as 100% of the calls to it are scammers. Ofcoms total incompetence at dealing with scammers has made my phone line not just worthless, but annoying.

I therefore begrudge paying for something I don't want but am forced to have.

I understand I would still pay line rental, but for a cheaper data only line.

Do Plusnet offer this? If not do they have any plans to?  If not any other other UK ISPs offering this?

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Broadband only (no phone) SOGEA

@Mark_g1 

Plusnet will not release any future plans such as this on this forum.

SOGEA will be like the same service on FTTP, that is, not significantly cheaper. Lets face it, it's no more than the current Plusnet service without you taking a call plan.

If you get a telephone with the built in BT Truecall feature you get no scam calls, at least I don't. 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

The money you'll save is likely to be very little to non-existent.

You only have to look at Virgin or the various Full fibre altnets where a phone line isn't a requirement for evidence of this.

Its actually often cheaper to take Phone +TV+Broadband from them than standalone fibre as they don't iscount it.

Nobody offers SOGEA as a full commercial product yet, there have been a number of Trials/Pilots/Early Market Deployments but there have been numerous delays preventing the full roll-out.

You'll also likely get the standard boilerplate from Plusnet which is they've no news to share...

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

The latest delay as reported back in December now tentatively has the launch of SOGEA as the 1st March. 

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/12/openreach-delay-sogea-broadband-and-prep-fttc-price-cu...

I wouldn't hold your breath though....

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Why you might ask are BT still bodging around with this sort of thing rather than concentrating their full efforts on giving as many of us as is practicable full fibre.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mark_g1
Grafter

Any news on this? I am looking for simpler (and slightly cheaper) billing from this. I pay for a phone product and don't have any phobe plugged into the socket (too many scam calls).  I just want to pay for a broadband line, as that is what I have. 1

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Everything Else

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'