Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Status Checker

Tonymcclennon2
Dabbler

Broadband Status Checker

Hi,

We had a problem about 10 days ago when a hit and run driver took out the Openreach cabinet that services most of our estate.

We have had phone and broadband restored, but it seems that the cabinet is being powered by batteries until the electrical connections can be tied-in. This is leading to outages varying between 30 minutes and several hours when the batteries have been fully discharged.

Just wanting to check if there is a site anywhere that gives you the information as to when the  mains power will be reconnected - I've tried checking the Openreach website, but this is restricted to the service providers, and just advises you to contact your own BB supplier.

Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Broadband Status Checker

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Everything Else 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Problem with “is the service down” and the like is that it tends to be crowd sourced and may not reflect things accurately.

https://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/ Is a better bet as it takes updates directly from BT
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @Tonymcclennon2 

Thanks a lot for reaching out. I'd say for now, the best thing to do would to be reach out to us staff members on here. We're able to run tests on your line which will make us aware of any Major Service Outages / Disruptions on the line at the moment.

I've run a Broadband line test this afternoon which does make note of the issues within the area, we aren't given any specific details, but have been advised that Openreach are hoping to have the matter resolved by 31/08/2021.

Let us know if you're still having issues the following day and we'll be happy to investigate further/

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds