cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware: PAYH, Plesk and expiring credit - Catch 22

decomplexity
Rising Star

Beware: PAYH, Plesk and expiring credit - Catch 22

Plesk emailed me to say correctly that credit on one of my PAYH accounts will shortly expire. Thank you Plesk.
I click on the 'renew your credit' link in Plesk's email.
Whoops - a 403 'page not found'
S  I go in directly to Plesk (plesk-host06.plus.net...etc). Hello Plesk.
I log in - with some difficulty since it seems a matter of luck whether logins are accepted or the Plesk login screen is simply refreshed.
I hit My Account.
Plesk asks as usual that I re-authenticate with my account ID and password.
I do so; but Plesk tell me that one or both are invalid. Sorry Plesk: no they are not - I have just logged on to the Plesk Home page with them!
I look on the Plesk Home page for a link to raise a ticket. I look and look - in vain. (Could be me - I am not very observant)
Finally, using my PN account, I raise a ticket to be passed to PAYH support.
I then discover a PAYH support email address on the PAYH Home page intended for potential customers and copy the ticket to them...
Hello
Are you there, are you there,  are you there*
Currently it appears no.
Meanwhile the clock is ticking and Plesk will disable my website when the alarm goes off.
Catch 22.

* - Mr ( Rudyard)  Kipling makes exceedingly nice quotations
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
2 REPLIES 2
decomplexity
Rising Star

Re: Beware: PAYH, Plesk and expiring credit - Catch 22

...and an update.
PAYH Support have now emailed in reply to say [my underline] that "the secondary logon (and hence the direct link to do so) is currently down and has been for a few weeks" and that credit payments have to be made by phone
Is it just me, or would it have been reasonable to expect to be notified, especially as Plesk's email asking me to add credit was asking me to do the impossible?
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Beware: PAYH, Plesk and expiring credit - Catch 22

Hi there,
Sorry about the lack of messages on that, it's an issue that's affecting anyone using plesk-host06 (the others are fine) and there's a fix due to be rolled on Monday to get it fixed. We'll update to confirm though as soon as it's been through the change control process.