Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to "Resync" router? DLM etc

bobminors
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Best way to "Resync" router? DLM etc

Just pull out the modem lead from the master socket, wait about 5 minutes and plug it back in again. That will force the modem and the green cabinet to re-negotiate the connection and decide between them on a line speed they are happy with. Have a look in the router afterwards and see what it says about maximum line speed, current line speed and SIgnal/Noise ratios. I don't think they will have changed much. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong about that, though Shocked

Sunzz
Grafter

Indeed that basically done nothing lol guess im stuck with this speed Sad Bt eng said everything was fine here.

Sunzz
Grafter

Ok this is probably a really stupid question but as I'm running out of ideas I thought I might as well ask, would buying a new decent router help? As the only 2 routers I tried was the home hub 5 and the plusnet hub one, highly doubt it but thought I'd ask as u know alot more than me 😛
bobminors
Aspiring Pro

I don't honestly think a new router would help. Admittedly the Home Hub One is internally identical to the BT Home Hub 5 so you've really only tried one "type" of modem, but whatever modem you use, it can only do what can be done with the line as it stands.

Out of interest, does the telephone line from your house go overhead to a telephone pole, or underground?

Sunzz
Grafter

its underground, so guessing its harder to find a fault Tongue

bobminors
Aspiring Pro

No, not particularly. But it's easier to get crosstalk from the broadband carrier signals on your neighbours' cables.

Sunzz
Grafter

ooo i get ya, its weird because my line does seem stable, no packet loss and jitter is low. the connection very rarely drops and good ping. Guess il just see what happens on my ticket Tongue thanks for ur help bob i really appreciate it Smiley