Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT divestments? Plusnet's Future?

Norrette
Grafter
Fixes: 1

BT divestments? Plusnet's Future?

Reading this morning's news about cuts etc, I wonder if the management of Plusnet can give us assurances that the business won't be sold on to another company?

Or are you independent?

Having happily found Plusnet after Demon sold out on it's customers when it was bought out, I hope this won't happen to me again!

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: BT divestments? Plusnet's Future?

@Norrette wrote:

I wonder if the management of Plusnet can give us assurances that the business won't be sold on to another company?

There are many old timers on here who will tell you how much better Plusnet was before BT bought them and turned them into their budget offering. So what evidence is there that this, should it happen, would be a bad thing?

Having said that such an announcement would not be made on a forum such as this so don't hold your breath for a definitive response from Plusnet.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Norrette
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Because BT would want to sell it to the highest bidder, and it could be swallowed up by an even worse company (and yes, that is possible).

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

There might be such a company with a billing system that works!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

I suggest that there would be few tears shed around here if BT were to release PlusNET from its deathly grip. The way BT sucks the life out of companies it acquires and the people therein makes Harry Potter’s death eaters look rather tame.

I see similarities between being in BT and being in the EU - you give them all your money and get nothing back that you could not have done for yourself for less than you paid in.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kessandkitt

it wont be a bad thing if bt sells plusnet,it was great before bt had it and it will still be great if its sold you have to ask yourself the question why if bt supply internet on their own and also through plusnet why is bt so [-Censored-] and plusnet so good?