Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Basic.

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: BT Basic.

Good points.

As said I'm contracted until November and along with those proposed phone/internet combination charges and fibre about to take flight (I have the little green box on a pole outside of the house) I'll see what happens.

As said at the beginning of this topic,  'we might be old but we are not all daft' Smiley

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

As you probably know, PN have already combined line rental into new DSL prices, but they're also one of the decreasing number of ISPs who'll let you have DSL over another providers line (provided it's BTs infrastructure), which they might not allow at some point in the future.

If your pending fibre is of the FTTP flavour you probably also know your options with PN, and that as things stand ATM PN will let you ditch your copper line.

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Thumbs_Up

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Combining line rental & broadband charges only happens when one is prerequisite for the other, eg you can't have Sky broadband without Sky's line rental. Plusnet can and do offer broadband on it's own (https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/broadband-only)

Incidentally, I have line rental with BT (BT Basic) and broadband with Plusnet.