cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to Re-join Plusnet

JBH

Attempting to Re-join Plusnet

I am a former Plusnet broadband customer and I attempted to re-join using the online ordering system yesterday evening but the order failed at the final stage. I contacted sales and the reason for the failure was because I still have a Plusnet e-mail only account linked to my phone number. Sales have said that if I wish to re-join Plusnet I will either have to get a new phone number or cancel my Plusnet e-mail account. Although I have migrated my e-mail to gmail unfortunately a number of my household are still using Plusnet e-mail addresses and I would rather not change my phone number.

Is it not possible for my phone number to be unlinked from my Plusnet e-mail account or my old Plusnet account be upgraded to a broadband account?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Attempting to Re-join Plusnet

Hi there, first of all a warm welcome back to Plusnet.

I am sorry to hear of the problems you're having with creating an account again. If you private message me with your email account username I will see what I can do you for tomorrow once I am in the office.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
JBH

Re: Attempting to Re-join Plusnet

In case it helps anyone else in the future I found that if I changed all the phone numbers listed on my PlusNet e-mail only account to my mobile this allowed me to go through the online order process without any problems. Although, I suspect it is just the 'My CLI Number' setting under Connection Settings that needed to be changed.