cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Mail - one specific account not working just on Plusnet Wifi

gwhyte

Apple Mail - one specific account not working just on Plusnet Wifi

I use Apple Mail to manage 2 email accounts I have.  I have only recently had Plusnet Broadband installed.  One email account sends and receives emails fine, the other allows me to send emails but not received them - there is a triangle warning icon beside the account and when I click on it it says: 'the connection to the server *** on port 993 timed out'  Now the odd thing is that when I go to work (Vodafone router) and connect to WiFi there, the account switches on and all my emails arrive in my inbox. And when I connect my MacBook to my phone hotspot (also Vodafone) the emails also arrive.  So I can only deduce it has something to do with the Plusnet WiFi.  I am completely baffled by such a specific problem but it's really important as I work form home a lot and need to access my emails via WiFi.

in addition, the same problem is happening on my wife's MacBook and our iPhones.  So the issue is not related to one device.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Apple Mail - one specific account not working just on Plusnet Wifi

Do you still have this problem?

If this is still an issue, who is the mail provider for the mailbox you cannot download when connected to the Plusnet Network.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.