Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any PHPBB/Database Experts Out There?

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Any PHPBB/Database Experts Out There?

My PHPBB board has crashed. Maybe did it some time ago as I haven't logged in for a while. The error message is:
phpBB : Critical Error
Could not query config information
DEBUG MODE
SQL Error : 1033 Table './theadamsons_f9_ccgi_theadamsons_force9_co_uk/phpbb_config' was created with a different version of MySQL and cannot be read
SELECT * FROM phpbb_config
which seems pretty self-explanatory but is it fatal or fixable? If I can fix it how? And do I need to tidy the database up anyhow?
Its actually for a club that I no longer belong to I haven't bothered to check recently.
Thanks
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
8 REPLIES 8
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Any PHPBB/Database Experts Out There?

Hey,
Should be fixed now.
I'm not sure what happened but your bulletin board was pointing to a MySQL 4 instance of your database. It's possibly been broken since the migration of your site to the Hostopia CGI platform last year.
I've updated the host name in your config.php file and commented out the line that was causing the problem.
Take a look and you should see what I mean.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

quelquod
Pro

Thanks for that Bob!
Actually this is the first time I've looked at it for nigh on a year after I was prodded by someone at my old club. I'm not sure if even they have been using it recently or not as I no longer belong to it. So heaven alone knows when it was last definitely working. I'm sure it worked OK straight after the migration though. Has anything changed since then (possibly a silly question  ;)).
Ccgi has been on a bit of a back burner. This has prompted me to pull one of my fingers out  Wink
quelquod
Pro

I have looked at your change now Bob and I'm quite puzzled as to what has happened. It seems as though the host name has changed sometime but I can't remember ever hearing about that. I see that my trial Wordpress setup (same hostname) which definitely worked before was similarly affected, now fixed.
Ah well - no problems, thanks for fixing it.
SiMania
Grafter

I have a similar problem, my Invision board stopped working at the changeover and I've been asked my the members to look at fixing it a year on, it's http://ccgi.simania.plus.com/forums/
The config file conf_global.php seems to have been modified with the correct settings inputed but it still won't connect, any ideas?
chrcoluk
Grafter

mysql4 is long obseleted.
Generally there isnt an issue when upgrading mysql, but possible issues may occur if the admin of the server doesnt follow proper procedures such as running the mysql-upgrade script following an upgrade.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: SiMania
I have a similar problem, my Invision board stopped working at the changeover and I've been asked my the members to look at fixing it a year on, it's http://ccgi.simania.plus.com/forums/
The config file conf_global.php seems to have been modified with the correct settings inputed but it still won't connect, any ideas?

The password in the config file wasn't being recognised. This was evident when trying to use the SQL Manager in the Hosting Control panel to log into your database.
I've reset the password to match the one in your config file, however this has introduced another problem with one of your SQL statements. Unfortunately, it's not obvious to me what's causing this error.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

SiMania
Grafter

Thanks for that Bob. It's likely to be related to the version of MySQL I'd imagine, I'll have a tinker with it this week.
SiMania
Grafter

Sorted it, just needed a bit of code tweaked Smiley