cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another of my noddy questions

ArthurDent
Grafter

Another of my noddy questions

Whilst my PN account gives details of my usage conveniently broken down into peak and off-peak  (the level of the latter always surprising me, having assumed it was only test transmissions), I can't recall ever knowing how to find how much was D/L and how much was U/L. It would be useful just now to have that info. Thank-you.  

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Another of my noddy questions

That's not available unless you set up your own monitoring
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Sometimes, a kind member of the Plusnet Help Team can see such things if they are able to look Wink

ArthurDent
Grafter

Hmmmmm. I wonder why? It would be of interest to so many, especially now PN is knocking back UL on the 40mb/s offering from 20mb/s to just 2mb/s, at least for new punters. I must curb my cynicism and assume it's just another shortcoming of PN's account information.

But thanks!

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I'm surprised you think many users are interested in the breakdown between download and upload usage. On the metered legacy packages it was the summation which mattered, along with the peak/off-peak breakdown which is what VMBU gives.

VMBU does not record speeds and it is those which are relevant with the lower cost packages.

David
ArthurDent
Grafter

Well, yes. Except that, in order to reduce the amount PN has to pay BT, which I understand from a mole who would certainly know incurred a loss on every nominally 40/20 fibre package sold, PN have knocked back UL from 20 to 2 for all new customers taking that specific offering and, according to some guys on the forum, for some who are renewing. Now I suggest that certainly would be significant to some (though by no means all) punters.