Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another expired domain name

FIXED
glandorescilly
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Another expired domain name

I was an original customer with Freenetname in 1999  and registered a domain name as part of my internet package. Over the years, it moved from Freenetname to Madasafish and then on to Plusnet.I have always had a small amount of legacy webspace, although I don't actually know how much. I can access the web space using an FTP client to maintain the page I keep there. I have never paid for the domain name in all the years it has been mine.

So when I received an email today telling me that my domain name had not been renewed and had expired yesterday, I was deeply shocked. I have had absolutely no notification of this and am unable to access any control panel to resolve it.

Relevant dates:
        Registered on: 10-Sep-1999
        Expiry date:  10-Sep-2019
        Last updated:  11-Aug-2017
Registration status:
        Renewal required.
Name servers: ns1.force9.net ns2.force9.net WHOIS lookup made at 14:32:57 11-Sep-2019

I've had this domain for twenty years now and it is inextricably intertwined with our businesses, both websites and emails. To lose it would be a body blow and cause serious damage. Please can someone escalate this immediately as a matter of urgency.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
glandorescilly
Dabbler

Re: Another expired domain name

Just to let you know that I also contacted Plusnet on Facebook and Matt has already replied to say that he's raised it to the relevant team to get my domain name renewed.

Question topic: Your Question | ID: 194040361

He said he'd update me as soon as he knew more. Perhaps you could double-check for me. Thanks.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @glandorescilly,

I'm glad to hear that this has been picked up via Facebook. I've checked for an update but we've not received one as of yet. Once we have though, someone will be in touch to discuss the matter further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
glandorescilly
Dabbler

Thanks, I'll wait to hear from you Smiley

glandorescilly
Dabbler

Fix

I've had a message from Matt with confirmation of the renewal of my domain name until Sept 2020. Thanks for sorting this for me Smiley

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @glandorescilly

Thanks for letting us know! 

If you ever need more help in the future then just give us a yell. 

All the best, 

MoR