Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon echo Dot doesnt let me setup calling

FIXED
Tom42-59

Amazon echo Dot doesnt let me setup calling

Hi,

I have tried many times seting up Alexa calling on my echo but it doesnt let me text ALEXA to 150. You may be thinkig that that is to setup EE but my reaserh suggests that Plusnet uses the EE data lines. I have searched the internet for other who have this problem but they either have not got the Plusnet service or they are sorting something else out.

Please could you give me an answer to weather it is avaliable on Plusnet or point me in the right direction to finding an answer.

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Amazon echo Dot doesnt let me setup calling

Fix

Plusnet do use the EE network but they dont provide all the services that EE may. Alexa calling is one that's not provided AFAIK

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Bit confused here, is your Echo connected to your internet?

I don't believe echo calling goes via the mobile phone network.

As an experiment I switched my mobile to Airplane mode and asked Alexa to call my landline, which it did.

However Alexa says text is not supported, so what is it you are trying to do?

Tom42-59

Yes, it is connected to the internet. This may sound odd but I think that Alexa didn’t fully set itself up because it is now working. Sorry for this inconvenience.