Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Contribute

fceluk
Grafter

Adobe Contribute

Hi
Has anyone used Adobe Contribute CS3 and would a current website not built in Contribute need 'modifying' or configuring to work with Contribute.
I have never used Contribute but it appears to be a fairly standard WYSIWYG editor.
Any assistance gratefully received
Dick
3 REPLIES 3
decomplexity
Rising Star

Re: Adobe Contribute

I cannot imagine wanting to use Contribute to update a website which was not created using Contribute templates because all the control and permissions features would be lost.
If you want to acquire a WYSIWYG page / site editor, probably better to look elsewhere (from Dreamweaver downwards; HTML-Kit for example is effective and free). Contribute is based on the idea of Dreamweaver templates which are areas on a page managed separately and which can be given update restrictions. The adminstrator creates pages built from templates and then sets permissions to certain users to upate specific areas. Contribute needs a server to control multi-user update access (with check out and check back in).
It is (or was) expensive in that each updating user (in addition to the administrator) needed a client access licence.
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
fceluk
Grafter

Thanks decomplexity for your contribution...........
I will take it under consideration  Undecided
fceluk
Grafter

I must confess that after playing around with Adobe Contribute I am not impressed and will therefore look elsewhere.  Huh