cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a DNS A record for domain name now RR's with Plusnet IP

jhawkins

Adding a DNS A record for domain name now RR's with Plusnet IP

I've been trying to redirect our web site to another hosting company. The www record was no problem but they need the root domain directing as well i.e  an A record for hawkinsfamilylaw.co.uk pointing to 91.208.99.12
Another post on here suggested leaving the left field blank but the DNS tool wont accept that. I spoke with the helpdesk this morning and was advised that to add an A record for our domain name I should enter "hawkinsfamilylaw.co.uk."  in the left field and 91.208.99.12 in the right field. This I duly did and now if I use nslookup pointing at ns1.force9.net to query the A record for  hawkinsfamilylaw.co.uk I get three records returned in a RR list   212.159.8.91 , 91.208.99.12, 212.159.9.91. (The order changes on each request.) I now have a 1 in 3 chance of getting the right site  Cry
Is something broken or have I configured it wrong?
Any suggestions appreciated

Mark Cresswell
Silentmonkey on behalf of Hawkins Family law.
2 REPLIES 2
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Adding a DNS A record for domain name now RR's with Plusnet IP

You need to ask support to change the 'web service' for the domain to 'semi-auto'.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jhawkins

Re: Adding a DNS A record for domain name now RR's with Plusnet IP

Thanks Bob  Question #75796433 raised
I'd appreciate it if this could be processed asap as I've already wasted a day on this and the site should have gone live yesterday.
Many thanks
Mark