cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Information Needed

PhoebesDad

Account Information Needed

Hi - Just started with Plusnet Broadband (yesterday) and Mobile (today). While I can log into my broadband account using my user name and password but can't log into my mobile account using the same details. Do I have to set up different username and password for the mobile account or should i be able to use the same details for both? If so how do I set this up?

Thanks for taking the time to read this newbie's post and have a good day! Cheers in anticipation.

Cheers!
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Account Information Needed

@PhoebesDad  Do I have to set up different username and password for the mobile account or should i be able to use the same details for both?

The accounts are completely different, for mobile you can use your mobile number and I seem to recall a temporary password was sent with the sim or emailed ( its been a while since my account started so my memory is a bit vague)

OR did it ask you to create one when you ordered the sim ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PhoebesDad

Thanks MisterW - Strangely, I was not provided with either a user name or password with my mobile account, only with the broadband account, which I was initially using to log in but with no success. Now I know why following your explanation previously. When logging in to the mobile account, I had to ask to be 'reminded' what my user name was and then also set up a password - Then success!

I must say the Plusnet account web pages are not always very intuitive, you have to search around for what you are looking for. I've always managed to find what I was looking for but it quite often appears to be hidden or not where you would expect it. Also, why access the broadband and mobile accounts with two different user names and passwords?

Another hic-up occurred with the broadband order - I called customer services the day before the broadband was due to transfer as I had not received a router. The guy looked into this and then very apologetically said that it seems the router had not been dispatched but would arrange for one to be sent asap. Not off to a good start here! However, and commendably, and without being prompted, he said he would raise this as a complaint.

Now using my old BT Smart Hub as the router, receiving very good advice from a Plusnet tech support guy to set it up.

Thanks again MisterW.

Cheers!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@PhoebesDad glad you managed to get into your mobile account.

With regards to the router, I'd continue to use the Smart hub if I were you, it's a better router than the Plusnet Hub one. Keep the hub one available as a spare

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.