cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abuse

samuria
Grafter

Abuse

The abuse team have the right name. I have been a customer for many years and had a website on Plusnet for many years. It has now been taken down as I have gone over my bandwidth for the first time in years. No warning or try to help just bang your site has gone. As long standing customer this is a disgusting way to act as the website is run for a charity. Surely a more humane approach would be better. The Abuse team just dont answer any questions and wont tell  you which site has gone over the limit.
I have 4 domains some on other peoples account when I got the message I removed 2 websites as I though tit was them only to find that people who wanted details of the charity event couldnt get onto the other site as it had gone.
Why dont the team tell you which site it is and why dont they answer questions? Once over the limit in 6 years doesnt deserve the site taken down with no notice we are long standing customers how many days before they get around to restoring it so we will loose are 1 in Google if it finds it not there.
3 REPLIES 3
neilm
Dabbler

Re: Abuse

Hi, I've looked at your account and no archive has taken place as per the response this morning.
At a first glance the site is up.  Can you confirm which account this is for, and how you have tried to contact abuse as any correspondence specific to your account with us should be made via the help assistant. 
samuria
Grafter

There in lies the problem they sent me the abuse letter not stating what domain it was so I removed a lot of stuff from 2 of my sites and it turned out to be my site which is hosted under sgrey the sister in laws. But not being told the domain I was none the wiser.
After years of being a customer and never going over before its very nasty to just take it down so aggressively
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for your feedback, I'll pass this on to Neil.