cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

530 Login incorrect

jorvikmik
Grafter

530 Login incorrect

I can browse to my webspace (www.graemsay.plus.com) but cannot access the server to update files.
I use PC's and checked all settings on both so reckon the fault is not at my end. The fault appeared after we suffered two power outages accompanied by pulsed power whilst automated supply to the island went through the backup fuses.
Would it be possible for data to be corrupted during upload and cause this problem, if so I'll get a uninterruptable psu.
Any idea how long it is taking plusnet to rectify problems lately. I emailed only about 30 minutes ago but expected an automated reply, are these not now sent? - Previously have had extremely quick response to any queeries.
Mike
6 REPLIES 6
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: 530 Login incorrect

Are you using ftp.plus.net to try to connect to your webspace?  If so, try ftp2.plus.net
Otherwise, could you give a little more detail as to what error you're receiving, or where the process is going wrong?
B.
jorvikmik
Grafter

Response: 220 Plus.Net FTP Server #2 ready
Command: USER graemsay
Response: 331 Password required for graemsay.
Command: PASS **********
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Could not connect to server
Hi Barry - tried ftp2 as well but with no luck.
I use a task sheduler to upload a 2.9kb file every minute from two seperate computers and neither will now connect though they have never given problems in the past and both can still access an alternative server I use. I tried using the browser to connect and get the same response.
Mike
zubel
Community Veteran

Hmm, that's odd.
The ftp password should be the same as your portal password. 
You mentioned that you emailed support - did you email or did you raise a ticket?
My suggestion would be to raise a ticket (if you haven't already) and post the ticket number here, asking for one of the comms team to look into it - they should pick it up fairly quickly.
B.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Looks like some customers are having problems with ftp.plus.net, I've just tested your login on ftp2.plus.net and this authenticated straight away. I'm raising a problem now for this to be looked at.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

There is now a service status posted on this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jorvikmik
Grafter

I should have replied just after my last posting but was called away. I received notification there was a problem and it would be rectified within 4 hours. It took about ten to fifteen minutes only. I am really impressed with the service.
Mike