cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 internal server error?

swisstone

500 internal server error?

*** SORRY PPL ***** Does it take a couple of days for the CGI to become active? its only been a couple of hours! this may be my problem! Doh! please let me know if this IS thre reason. Thanks!
I am trying to install Drupal to my webspace using php and mySql. I have copied the base files to the htdocs on my webspace, enabled CGI and mySql. However when I go to my webspace it does not show the drupal welcome page from the index.php script?
it shows the 500 internal server errror page?
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@plus.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Is anyone able to offer any help as to why this is happening?

Many thanks
Swiss
2 REPLIES 2
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: 500 internal server error?

First, you have to wait for the 2 emails that confirm your ccgi and MySQL have been activated. Trying to use either before they arrive will not normally work.
Second, the ccgi webspace is completely separate from your www webspace and it does not contain any htdocs directory. The ccgi is accessed va ftp using ccgi.plus.net whereas your www webspace is accessed via ftp.plus.net.
Once you have received the emails, uploaded the files to the correct server and changed the file permissions using fixphpperms.sh -r (which you can access by telnet to cshell.plus.net) and see if it then works.
See the usertools tutorials (see sig for link) which explains how to access the cshell prompts.
swisstone

Re: 500 internal server error?

Brilliant. Many thanks for your help.
I am getting too far ahead of myself before I get the ccgi activated. I have managed a localhost drupal install and all went well, so I think I understand how to get it uploaded and  going now!
Thanks again