cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

403 Forbidden

spiggy

403 Forbidden

I’ve set up a very simple site http://www.whitenine.plus.com/ but clicking on portfolio opens a new window saying I don’t have permissions to access /portfolio.html on this server. Why not? I created a virtually identical portfolio for my employers and that worked first time, so I don’t see why this isn’t working. Please help.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: 403 Forbidden

Sorry, first question has to be have you checked that portfolio.html file permissions are set to allow the browser to read the file?
David
spiggy

I've never had to check permissions before, my uploads have always just worked. Anyway, I discovered that the portfolio file and a lot of other associated files had no access for visitors. However, each time I tried to change the permissions, they just changed randomly, sometimes even I had had no access to the files! I've deleted everything until I can figure out a way around this. I've never had any problems uploading a site before. Very frustrating.
spiggy

Must have been something to do with my ftp client. No idea what caused it, but I tried a different ftp client and it all works now.
Thanks for the advice.