cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2. Will we be told the cause of the chaos over the past 24 hours?

kaspencer
Rising Star

2. Will we be told the cause of the chaos over the past 24 hours?

I would like to know where I can find an account of what happened yesterday at 7:00am-ish to cause the issue of the past 24 hours. I think that we deserve an explanation, and I sympathise with anyopne who was awaiting airline tickets or other rather crucial information.

Am I alone in that request? Will we gat a month off our billimng in compensation for the shortening of life?

PlusNet was much better before the BT days - is it adequately funded with respect to resiliance and critical systems protection?

Kenneth Spencer

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: 2. Will we be told the cause of the chaos over the past 24 hours?

@kaspencer 

There is a lot of ire about this at the moment. Yes I agree that it is inconvenient for some but the fact is that Plusnet are a budget ISP with budget services. It is very rare to have this sort of breakdown but things like this do happen.

If you want a super reliant email solution I am sure that there are other much more resilient Email platforms out there. The snag is that they are not a no charge add on to your budget broadband service.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

kaspencer
Rising Star

@Baldrick1 

I'm afraid that never once, since I signed up in 2003, have PlusNet told me that they are a "budget ISP". Unless of course you are using the word "budget" in a sense that does not imply "cost-cutting". in that true sense, every company in every line of business is a "budget" company!

And there are rather few ISPs operating in the consumer market and not offering an email service. And PlusNet is not anyway wholly in the "consumer" market buit also operates in the business sector too.

This problem with the email platform (and FTP too) does not seem to have been fully resolved - although I managed to despatch two emails this morning, and my wife, likewise. However, I am quite unable send anything this afternoon, so it'll soon be 36 hours. With no explanation so far.

Kenneth Spencer

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@kaspencer wrote:

@Baldrick1 

I'm afraid that never once, since I signed up in 2003, have PlusNet told me that they are a "budget ISP".

Well no, they wouldn't, would they? 😉

However, BT Group's Annual Report 2016 contains the following:

Through our award-winning second brand, Plusnet, we target
price-conscious customers with fixed-line, broadband and
TV services.

Sound like corporate-speak for 'budget ISP' to me.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)