cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

you would be mad to stay with plus.net

N/A

for people that arnt happy with plusnet on the hole with the fair usage policy and other things..do you no there are better ISP out there that have much more better deals...

example

Nildram 50GB fair use quota (during peak hours)

ace internt who I am moving to offer no download limits + 8mb at 29.99 a month http://www.ace-internet.co.uk/

FREE Connection or transfer in
FREE Online backup service - backup your PC's files online!
High speed, "always on" Internet connection
No per minute telephone charges
No download limits
Includes full POP3 email service
Access to BBC Broadband content
Access to over 50,000 newsgroups
Just a 3 month minimum contract
No blocked ports
Free technical support

any way I am out of here

bye !
26 REPLIES
N/A

Same here. With strong competition from companies like Carphone Warehouse around the corner, Plusnet is set to experience pain and undertake a lot of soul-searching over the next two years. I'm sure they will restablish what they are about eventually, and the importance of customer service, but it will be a long process. Other ISPs may not be much better, but I'd prefer bouncing around to seek out the best, rather than putting up with something that I know is poor.
N/A

Same here. With strong competition from companies like Carphone Warehouse around the corner, Plusnet is set to experience pain and undertake a lot of soul-searching over the next two years. I'm sure they will restablish what they are about eventually, and the importance of customer service, but it will be a long process. Other ISPs may not be much better, but I'd prefer bouncing around to seek out the best, rather than putting up with something that I know is poor.

well said !
N/A

http://www.ukfsn.org/adsl/maxallowance.html

even this compnay if offering more !
N/A

Re: you would be mad to stay with plus.net

for people that arnt happy with plusnet on the hole with the fair usage policy and other things..do you no there are better ISP out there that have much more better deals...

example

Nildram 50GB fair use quota (during peak hours)

ace internt who I am moving to offer no download limits + 8mb at 29.99 a month http://www.ace-internet.co.uk/

FREE Connection or transfer in
FREE Online backup service - backup your PC's files online!
High speed, "always on" Internet connection
No per minute telephone charges
No download limits
Includes full POP3 email service
Access to BBC Broadband content
Access to over 50,000 newsgroups
Just a 3 month minimum contract
No blocked ports
Free technical support

any way I am out of here

bye !

Been there done it, left with all my clients too Evil

They arn't an ISP ony a reseller Wink
N/A

from that link

Peak hours are defined as Monday to Friday 08:00 to 22:00

Cry
N/A

Just phoned up ace internet .. call was answerd with in 30 seconds.. no chargers for moving over and can get 8mb download speed + 832 Kbps* upload for the same price I am paying for plusnet service.. I am not even getting 1mb download speed with this company at the minute.

best of all no download limts and with the extra upload speed my downloads will be much faster as thats how p2p + torrents sites work.

its a no brainer really !!

just phoned + net and as all ways the lines are busy... average waiting time is all wasy 25-40 mins.. and they have changed it now so you just got cut off and told to phone later >>>> all so to force you to use crappy tickets when robots just copy and paste and make the fustrations last longer.
N/A

Folks.

This board is for Community Support and discussion of Plus Nets products and services.

Its not for the promotion of other SP's products.

As such I am moving this to Everything Internet, where the discussion can continue.

Hope you understand.
Alecto
Grafter

Ace-internet doesn't seem to have a user forum on AG - unless I've missed it.
How long have they been going? How many users do they have? etc...
N/A

There was some mention of them in TTTS board on AG. I dont think they are an ISP Geoff but rather a reseller. Not 100% sure of that, but it looks that way.

They dont seem to have their own centrals hence the lack of AG listing.
Alecto
Grafter

Thanks Mark.

I can see there's going to be a lot of people going out of frying pans into fires.

The mass move to 8Mb, especially BT's shambolic handling of it, has caused a lot of upset (though mine works fine Tongue ) and people blame the ISP first, so many may switch in the hope that the grass will be greener.

Mind you Pn don't help themselves with their PR and engaged telephone lines.
shellsong
Grafter

I'm still waiting for my exchange to be Be* enabled which is scheduled for August 31st! I've been registered with them since the end of last September with an introductory offer that reduces the price by £4 per month
N/A

I can see there's going to be a lot of people going out of frying pans into fires.

You are so right Geoff.

That company simply cannot provide what they claim to offer for any length of time, add to the fact that they are not an ISP and they have even less control over what they promise.

But then again, there will always be people looking for that free lunch Wink
holdtight
Grafter

That company simply cannot provide what they claim to offer for any length of time

Agreed Mark they cant theres no way and niether can any other company claiming to be providing the same unlimited downloads plus everything else they claim to give you

Things have changed so much to such an extent in such a short time that if any isp was to try to live up to these claims they would find themselves out of business quicker than a change of plusnet t&c`s
N/A

Anyone know what Demon.net are like nowadays? They used to be very good back in the dialup days, since then have gone through a couple of takeovers I think, currently owned by Thus.

Their broadband offerings are currently 2Mb, but seem to be fairly unlimited.

Anyone know of their current reputation?