cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do I only receive some emails and others never come thro

N/A

Why do I not receive all my mail, where does it go, I send alot of emails out to people and don't get replys, ok yeah people don't always reply but automated emails from Myspace that sometimes I get and others I don't when one should be sent out all the time, and another website that I have communicated with and on their site there a record of all our messages and an email should be sent everytime they reply to me only they come in randomly and sometimes days later, what is happening, it makes me wonder what emails I am missing here , please help what can I do to make sure I get all emails, I am on Outlook Express and Outlook too.

Regards
Philip...
3 REPLIES
N/A

Not a lot to go on. How many mailboxs do you have? If you have the main one and one other anything not sent to the second mail box will go to the main one.

You need to log in with the main mailbox using just visionz as the username and then with the other mailbox with visionz+mailbox. The only other things which would stop it is if its spelt wrong very big file or a spam/virus
N/A

There's a long-running thread in Community Support about the mail service having long delays to incoming mail on PN. I only use it for PN messages as there are other free and fee-paying services around which seem more reliable and don't get these same delays. I have some free mailboxes with Orange.net (PAYG mobiles) and you can get free mailboxes at Yahoo.co.uk, Hotmail, Walla.com, Gmail.com (need an invite from existing user), FastMail.net and so on.

FWIW, I always suggest getting separate mail and webspace (eg using your own domain name) so you are never tied to an ISP. Some people stick with an ISP even when the charges go up, or services are cut, because they think it will be too much hassle to tell friends about new mail addresses, or will lose their place on search engines if their web links have to be changed.

It's possible to get a .info domain for about $3 (or even less) so it won't "break the bank" and while the webspace and mail can use any ISP, it would also be possible to divert mail to some other service if necessary (and at present that would seem to be the case). org.uk and .co.uk are under 8 quid for 2 years (ukreg.com or 123-reg.co.uk) if you prefer a .uk (but I avoid them, as you can only register or renew for 2 years at a time whereas some of my domains will not expire until 2012 (!)
N/A

Yeah use Gmail or something, Never use ISP mail as you can probably tell from Plusnets mail service ISP mail is rubbish Smiley