cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which IPS to you recomend for 8mb ?

N/A

Hi I want to leave PN due to the worse customer service I have ever seen.. all ways 45 mins waiting times on the phone and monkey copy and pasteing tickets.

I am quite a heavey downloader with movies etc. Who do you recomend to move to paying a max 30.00 pound a month Huh

thanks
10 REPLIES
kosh2
Grafter

I shall watch this thread with interest until it gets locked. I too am sick of Plusnet CS.
N/A

is there no freedom of speach on here Huh

looking at Wanadoo's Max Broadband. any one recomend were to go ?Huh
N/A

If you want the best try Nildram
N/A

Folks, there is any amount of freedom of speech. A quick browse of the boards will very quickly reinforce that Wink

However, there's always one, this is a forum for community support and feedback regarding Plus Nets products and services.

By all means discuss other SP's, but ADSL Guide is the best place for info and recommendations on that front.

Failing that, thake the discussion to the Everything internet forum. It will be most welcome there.

I'll move this discussion to that area for now so that the subject can continue.

Many thanks.
ady
Grafter

45 mins waiting time my ass... ive never waited over 2 minutes
N/A

Then it seems like you alone have found times when a response in 2 minutes is possible.

Over recent times there have been a number of others commenting on not getting through, or having long delays. Maybe the new phone system is better, but I have to admit not to have rung for a long time, so am rather "out of touch" as to how well or badly the phone answering times are.

For the OP - someone was extolling the virtues of Newnet for his heavy download habit (400 GB a month). I've not looked at their prices, but perhaps they're worth considering, alongside a few others.

Unfortunately, it seems the "1%" category will all be chasing the same small number ISPs, so they may have major problems in the long run, the way Evolution did (in the not so long run)

There will be fewer and fewer ISPs welcoming heavy downloaders, so it will be best to move sooner rather than later (at a time when they may have stopped "unlimited" accounts, the way Zen has scrubbed them for any new customers, or those customers switching to an "up to 8 Mbps" account).
ady
Grafter

its pretty obvious that these "heavy downloaders" are using p2p and doin illegal activities, yet complain that they cant get these illegal copies fast enough ? like wtf, you guys should jsut be content that your at least breakin the law without plusnet reporting ye etc etc
kosh2
Grafter

I do struggle with the concept of 'heavy loader.' especially as I have had my first limit warning, just a few days short of the end of the month.

Is10G during peak time to much?( premier op 1) Thats about 300mb per day which does't sound too much if your surfing, download/streaming vids, usenet inc binaries and gaming.

I do try to plan downloads overnight but grabit does not allow scheduling and I remain unconvinced about shareza scheduler. What other software do people use for scheduling?
N/A

@illegal89 You don't have to be doing anything illegal to be a heavy user.

One month last year I clocked up 75 GB of traffic. None of it was peer-to-peer and little or nothing of it was from usenet binaries (on the Broadband Plus account, I was getting those downloads timed out, even at 04:00 during the quietest part of the day). I have to say it was done to "stretch the envelope" because the idea there was insufficient capacity for Usenet or other traffic to be a bit faster was annoying me...

There has never been stated speed for Usenet/ peer-to-peer/ FTP on BB Plus and I was hoping to get some reprimand from PN. They didn't do anything "direct" (no warning mail or similar) but gave me a fixed IP to be able to monitor my traffic more closely, in December. I switched to a PAYG 10 GB account a bit later but from time to time even that was limiting.

You can clock up a lot of traffic viewing webcams or watching/downloading films (CinemaNow.com was a service I paid to use) and from other "paid access" web sites, and free access sites too (I like streaming audio, and listen to various stations worldwide).

Anyway, main thing was to ask you don't quickly assume high use is always "illegal" use.
N/A

Keen e-book readers might also have a heavy download month from July 4th...

300,000 e-books to be available for access.

In case that news item expires, try Project Gutenberg direct.