Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

website with plusnet website builder

loony
Grafter

hello,
i dont know how to use frontpage, so i have been using website builder in tools. i have put together a basic page, just to get started and tried to save it/upload (i assume when the page is saved it is auto uploaded).
when the tool gets to "overwrite existing page" it half loads and locks up.( i have left it 10 mins)
i know plusnet are having trouble with webspace/sites at the moment .
should the page at least be uploading?
www.pellatt2004.plus.com
thanks
jp
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What did you call the page. If you don't specify an specific html page in the url PlusNet will look for index.html or index.htm. If neither are found you get the standard Plusnet page.

Also PlusNet's webcache sometimes does not recognise you have changed or uploaded a page so will not serve the page correctly or serve an older version.

You should not get a lockup when overwriting with website builder but sometimes the loads on the www servers do cause delays and timeouts. All I suggest is try again later.
N/A

Having similar difficulties here.
I have been trying to upload a small file to my website with Cute FTP and it uploads 20% and then freezes. Now what? :?:
Community Veteran

All I can suggest us try later, it may be a load issue. If it still does not upload later raise a ticket as it could be another issue. Your webspace may even have been moved to the old servers so could be an issue with that as well. It's really up to you how long you are prepared to wait before contacting support.

I guess if anyone else is experiencing the same problem post here.
loony
Grafter

ok that was the problem .when i looked for the page i didnt put the html file name in
now it works Cheesy
www.pellatt2004.plus.com/lostplanet.html
thanks v much peter
but it still doesnt seem to complete the upload with website builder, like move on to the next screen after asking if i want to overwrite existing page.
i'll keep trying and contact support if need be.