cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

website builder - random letters?

stewarta13wsb
Grafter

www.ballachulishtic.plus.com is a simple web page I put together for one of my referrals. Until today it's been OK, but now there are 5 or 6 capital 'A' letters with a strange accent above them, scattered around the top banner. On some PC's this is prompting the downloading of additional language support!!

What are they, how did they get there, and more importantly, how do I get rid of them?

Many thanks,
12 REPLIES
aviationradio
Grafter

Hello.
Yes i am getting the self and same Random AAs in lots of places.

I hope someone can help.

Terry.

www.hamsoft.co.uk
N/A

If you look at the source code you can see it.

<td height="15" align="right" colspan="2"><font color="#FFFFFF">Â Â </font> </td>

you could open the page then view source search for the  and replait with a space save the file as index.html and then upload it.
aviationradio
Grafter

Hmm.
Thanks for the reply but my knowledge on html is very limited to say the least - im afraid i wouldnt know how to look at the source code using the online web creating tool.

Sorry to be so thick :?
Community Veteran

Use notepad ;-)
holdtight
Grafter

In internet explorer go to view then click on view source or firefox its view and page source

This can be saved and as Daniel says viewed and edited in notepad
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Thanks for the replies. I gave it a try but can't see the little 'A's' anywhere... unless I'm missing them or they have their own code and don't look like an 'A'?

Any other suggestions?
aviationradio
Grafter

I echo Stewarts thanks for the replies but like Stewart i cant find any letter A in my source code.

My url is www.hamsoft.co.uk

Last night when i switched of my system i had the random letter A on two pages !! index.html and callsign.html !! now after starting my system this morning i find there are random letters on other pages as well as the above.

Can anyone tell me please how the errors are getting into our work when using the online web building tool - i thought the idea of using the tool was for people like myself THICK and without knowledge of html.

Please can anyone out there help i am stuck.

Many thanks.

Terry.
holdtight
Grafter

If your using the online web builder tool and not writing your own html for your sites it must be an internal problem with the tool itself so its probably a good idea to raise a contact us ticket and informing CS

make sure you give them all the details you have here and exactly what the problem is

hopefully you will get someone who knows what there doing Wink
gary
Grafter

Already Underway

Hi Guys,

I've seen a few ticket's knocking around this morning with people getting the same problem so I've raised an internal problem with our developers to see if its an issue with the tool and if it is, if we can get it fixed for you. Wink

I just thought I'd let you guys know.

Kind Regards,
Gary Beardshaw.
Customer Support.
N/A

Shocked a new plusnet employee!

Shocked EDIT: I mean, his first post! Hes not a new employee
Community Veteran

Re: Already Underway

Hi Guys,

I've seen a few ticket's knocking around this morning with people getting the same problem so I've raised an internal problem with our developers to see if its an issue with the tool and if it is, if we can get it fixed for you. Wink

I just thought I'd let you guys know.

Kind Regards,
Gary Beardshaw.
Customer Support.

We should really have a CS Agent of the month award. Anyway, welcome to the forums!
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Re: Already Underway

Hi Guys,

I've seen a few ticket's knocking around this morning ....I just thought I'd let you guys know.

Kind Regards,
Gary Beardshaw.
Customer Support.

My faith in the forum is restored Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Thanks for taking the time and welcome.