cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

website builder - 2nd problem

N/A

OK, me again... the page is fine in edit mode, it's fine in preview live page mode, but if I come out of the website builder section completely and just type in -

www.ballachulishtic.plus.com

the two bottom links are missing?

Any thoughts?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What exactly are you not seeing as I can't see anything either so have no clue what you are on about.

There are no links in the HTML code I get so you need to supply more info about what the links are and where they should be on the page.

Are you sure you filled in all the info necessary t add a link. Missing out a field will cause the link not be be put in your file.

Also are you sure you are saving the file as index.htm or index.html and not Index.htm (capital I) as the case is important.
N/A

http://www.ballachulishtic.plus.com/Ballachulishtic.html gets the page as it should look but I don't know why??

I didn't call it index - is that the problem? If so can I change it's name without re-doing the whole page?
Community Veteran

If you do not specify a specific .html page in the URL and just use the link you have posted, the Apache webserver defaults to looking for index.htm, index.html, index.php, index.cgi, index.shtml in your website home directory. If it finds any one of those files (and index.html does exist) it will show that file.

If you have not been saving your new page as index.html then you have to specify it in the URL as you have done above.

You need to use an FTP client program to connect to your www webspace and change the name of your file. I don't think the website builder has a rename facility. You may be able to do it using IE's FTP facaility

ftp://username:password@www.ballachulishtic.plus.com where username / password is your normal portal login details.

See http://www.uah.edu/colleges/adminsci/tutorials/ftpbrowser.html for a quick guide on how to use IE.

There are loads of free FTP clients you can use. Just search google.
N/A

Peter - a MILLION thank you's! Re-named via IE as you suggested and problem solved Cheesy
It still calls itself Ballachulish in website builder but because the file name has changed elsewhere it finds it OK just like you said. Brilliant :!:

Now... to post a link that's actually an email address.... :?: