cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web space user name and pass

N/A

hi there, i need to giv my user name and pass to my friend as he is designing me a website, but im not going to giv him my plus.net accound user name and pass, is it possible to change the user name and password for my webspace so that i can giv it to him, without letting him have access to my plus.net account?

Moderators note (John) Topic moved to a more relevant forum.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Basically No.
Your username is fixed and cannot be changed.
You can however change your password as often as you like.

Why not get your friend to design the site on his PC and then put the finished product on a CD that you can then use to upload from your machine?
Community Veteran

The same username & password is used for the portal, acessing your www & cgi webspace and collecting email for your default mailbox. So if you give him the details he will have access to all of those services.

There is no way to have a separate name/pass for just your webspace and changing your password, it will still be used for all the services I listed above.
Community Veteran

Just one item incorrect there Peter.
You can have a seperate password for your CGI space other than the one you use for other services.
However I fully agree that it's not a good Idea to give out ANY password, even to friends :?
N/A

yes, i had no intention of giving out any information like that...
oh well thanks for you help anyway