cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virus attempt from PN user

Brickinit
Grafter

i have recently started getting e-mails with virus attatched from a fellow PN user, the person concerned is unknown to me, but i have had three atttemps stopped by PN anti-virus today, this is becoming an every day accourance after keeping my machine clear for years.
now i know these attempts are being stopped before they get to me but should myself or PN get in touch with this person to let them know they have a virus,it's a bit concerning that this person has my e-mail address as i only give this out to people i know, ( use a hotmail addy for anyone else ) i can only assume it has come from an infected contact.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Drop them a line. Chances are they don't realise and will be thankful for it.

If it continues, dop PN a line at abuse@plus.net with logs/details of who, when etc and hopefully a few days later they should stop.

SteveC
N/A

happyhound,

I would direct your comments to the abuse@plus.net e-mail address first, since I'm pretty sure they'll be getting plenty of automatic rejection e-mails due to viruses already.
Brickinit
Grafter

sent e-mail to user, also raised ticket with support and e-mailed abuse, think i've got all sides covered thank goodness for anti virus Smiley