Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virtumonde spyware

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

virtumonde spyware

Hi

I have spybot-search and destroy installed one of the better spyware eliminators but i cant get rid of Virtumonde which seems to be embedded in the memory. Spybot wont get rid of it neither will a couple of other packages i have tried even though they say they can, so i wondered if anyone had a good way of getting rid of this pest. I presume thats why every time i do a scan i get 50 odd spywares even though i deleted them minutes before...

[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin): Case dropped on all CAPS title, as it is considered shouting and very rude, see link:rules.]
5 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

virtumonde spyware

Hi

Try running the symantec virtumonde removal app or if that doesnt do it try virtumundobegone or vundofix one of them will fix it for you

If you do a google search for virtumonde+removal you will see this is well known and theres many apps available to remove it

Also dont forget to clear all your restore points otherwise you could still have it hiding in your system
the easiest way is to disable system restore reboot fix the problem then re enable it

Bill.
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

virtumonde spyware

Many Thanks Bill i will try what you said
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

virtumonde spyware

Thanks Bill the Virtumondebegone programme got rid of the little critter but strangely enough the Symantec i used first said it could find no Virtumonde on my machine.Anyway many thanks again.

By the way i think it is dispicable of these companies who use programes like this there should be some kind of regulatory body to penalise the advertisers who use this kind of spyware...
N/A

virtumonde spyware

a nasty little one to get rid of that. before the apps came out it was a pain.
as for symantec.... lol. twas binned years ago. hogs resources and misses lots of things. still, they have got their act together with sales, seeing as its on most new pc's!
Community Veteran

virtumonde spyware

Come on crownfield at 101 post you should know better that to shout in your forum title.

Chilly